Prayer Focus Autumn 2023
Bible text Deuteromony 31: 6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.”
• Loving God, we thank You for coming alongside us when we are most in need. Thank You for always being there for us to turn to. We are ever grateful to You, our refuge and strength, present in times of trouble. Thank You for taking away our fear, for Your power and wisdom to guide and reassure us.. When we cry for help, You will answer. Remind us Lord that You are always with us, You will never leave or forsake us. Amen.
• We give You thanks, Lord, for each new day. We give You thanks as the Creator and giver of life. We give you thanks for the people who enrich our lives as they too are gifts from You. Lord, in a world where many are isolated we bring to You those for whom friendship and love are niceties they don't have. We hold before You those people fleeing their native countries and seeking a safer place. We pray for the governments of each nation of Your world, may they know Your wisdom and seek to bring peace and justice above all things. We bring before You all who grieve and we think particularly at this time of the British Royal Family and of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, whose loss after many years of marriage is great. Give Your peace and comfort to all who are mourning at this time. Amen
• Loving Lord, be in the hearts and lives of all those who are suffering. Send healing to those who are enduring pain and value to people who feel disregarded. Grant joy to those in great sorrow and hope to those who feel they now have nothing to live for. Provide food for the hungry, shelter to the homeless and community to those who are lonely.
Bible text Colossians 3:17 - And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Bible text "1 Chronicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His love endures forever.
• Thank God for the evident kindness and generosity of people connected to Uphall South Church for the recent prayers and donations to help Sunday Stars and Sunday Club maintain the sponsorship of Robinah.
• Pray for Kirk Session who meet this month. May they feel God’s guiding presence as church matters are discussed.
• Father, thank You for Your incomparable kindness, never ending forgiveness and relentless generosity to us.
Thank You for being tenaciously at work for our good in all things: in the things that thrill us and the thing that annoy us; in the wounds that still hurt us and the failures still haunting us; in the unexpected gifts and countless favour.
Grant us the strength and encourage our hearts so we may bless others as You have blessed us. Thank You for giving us Your Word and Your Son, our Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen
Compiled by Morag Cameron: